The year is half way over and you are still putting in a hard day’s worth of work every day. I believe its time for a well deserved R&R. What better way to do it than to go fishing or boating!
Boating and fishing are fun activities that have been found to reduce stress and you can enjoy this activity with friends and family. Spending some time on the water will also allow you to enjoy nature and take in that much needed fresh air. Plus catching your own food is an added benefit. Just make sure to take sunscreen and plenty of drinking water so you can avoid getting sunburned and you can stay hydrated.
Boating and Fishing Fun Facts:
These boating fun facts were published by The Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation.
- Boaters and anglers are significantly more satisfied with their marriages, relationships and friendships – and are more likely to have a close relationship with their children – than those who don’t boat or fish.
- Boaters and anglers are more likely to recycle, carpool and donate money to environmental organizations than people who aren’t boaters and anglers.
- Connecting with family is a primary reason for going fishing.
The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service also published some interesting facts about people who spend time on their boats and participate in boating activities.
- There are 27,000 living species of fish around the world out of which 6,000 are found in Australian waters alone! They come in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Fishing is a full-time profession. The act of fishing can be divided into two categories: Sports fishing and Commercial Fishing. Commercial fishing happens at a big scale around the world, helping to feed us all.
- Many people pursue fishing as sports. The fun thing about sports fishing is that mostly, the caught fish is thrown back into the sea or river.
- Since, there are so many kinds of fish, it is a clear fact that there needs to be more than one way of catching the fish.
- Therefore, people gradually explored several other styles of fishing like reef fishing, estuary fishing, fresh-water fishing, fly fishing, etc.
- Fly fishing, however, is the most popular style of fishing and in fact, is the most ancient of all the other styles too. This form of fishing was invented around 200 CE.
- There are 21 million full-time fishermen and approximately 200 million people depend on fishing for survival and livelihood.
- China has the world’s largest fishing industry followed by Peru, Japan, US, Chile, Indonesia, Russia, India, Thailand, Norway, and Iceland.
- ” The hungrier the fish, the easier to catch,” isn’t true.
- Catfish have more taste buds than humans, prepare your lures accordingly.
- One in eight American adults – more than 30 million – fish, as do some eight million children ages six to 15. They fished 517 million days and took 403 million trips.
- Anglers pumped more than $42 billion dollars into the national economy in 2006. Of that total, nearly $18 billion was spent on travel-related expenses, with $6.3 billion going to food and lodging, and $5 billion to transportation.
I hope everyone has a great time fishing and boating with friends and family. We wish you luck on catching that trophy fish. And when it’s time to get back to working mode, remember that we are here for all your equipment and tool needs.
We have pressure washers, rear tire tillers, wood chippers, chainsaws, power pruners, and much more. Just give us a call or stop by and you can share with us your story of that one that got away.